Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

No Putting On The Breaks In Nature

SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THE BREAKS ON
I DO NOT WANT SUMMER TO END! 




                                   Sure looks like fall is trying to sneak in to natures settings. 
                                                  I feel kind of like the little bird above.


It is looking more and more like Fall.  August is
almost to the end, and I know September
is waiting at the back door
    

      The fields are loosing their green, the air is cool and coming from the Northwest.  Was cloudy most the day and if it reached to 65 like the weather man declared this morning it would be hard to believe.  I know it is hapless of me to even think I could change things.  Perhaps it is only a dream, and I will wake up and it will be only June.  I love June. 
      No reality is indeed knocking at my door and has fall in its hands, holding tight.  So I can face this definite change with a smile and accept it.  
     Actually I do love fall, and the coolness was welcomed this morning.  There is great beauty still to be had.  Like the picture above.  The seed heads of Queen Ann's Lace look like neat little bird nests.  There still is the Queen Ann's Lace  flower scattered in this old horse pasture we no longer use. 

This mornings walk about found me up on the hill in the unused horse pasture
The sun was just peeking in to see if I was ready for another day.
The large field we let a local farmer use has soybeans in it
instead of corn this year.  Dick walks our Airedale
most days on the path that goes all the way
around it.  He said the soybeans are
huge from our perfect summer.








The sumac is starting to show its red fall foliage and its seed heads are now a deep red magenta.  Sure signs of fall introducing its self once more.






The last rose of summer
Bursting with bloom
Loves the coolness

Goldenrod waves it lovely golden frond in the North Wind

The trees seem faded.  Not like the lime greenish cast that new growth shows me in spring and early summer.  Here is the good old Box elder, some call a weed tree.  It grows quickly giving shade and on this picture shows thousands of seeds forming and ready to drop but hangs onto them till winter most times.  Its excellent bird food for winter so I do let it grow around here in the wild.





Two fawns still wearing their camouflage of spots, came out of the thicket along with their mother doe.  Our Airedale was ringing the air with warning signs that something was out there on the hill that shouldn't be.  I came and looked and there they were.  Silencing the dog so he would not scare them away and started to take pictures with my camera.  Dick my husband came with the binoculars. One seemed a lot bigger so guessing its a male and the other one a female. 


The second picture shows an orange wild daylily that grows up there.  Looks like she is wearing the flower in the picture but she just had her head in the right place when I took the picture.  The mother soon flicked her white tail that was up like a flag warning her two little one they were way to close to those voices she could hear through the closed window.  They all scampered into the thicket leaving us with smiling faces from the joy of seeing them.

 In the lower gardens there are still a few flowers showing their freshness.  One morning on my walk about and camera in hand I discovered in the fairy garden these Resurrection Lilies.  In spring they shoot up tall 2 inch wide leaves in a cluster and then die a month later.  Then in fall the flowers surprisingly show up in all their beauty.  That is why they are called the Resurrection Lily.  Similar to what happens at Easter.  Christ's death and resurrection. I always forget about them and in my sadness of my gardens slowly finishing summer out I find them!


Another flower, stunning in fall is the Hibiscus.  Size of 
a dinner plate some times.  I catch my breath when I see them in full bloom.

Still blooming now in the last week of August is the Phlox
and the Balloon flower.  Lovely combination.


Birdhouse garden is getting sparce of flower bloom
Still present is the Goldstrum Rudbeckia and small
bushy gold mini Rudbeckia.  


 Pink phlox and the deep dark pink phlox are found in the birdhouse garden too.


 

Evening settles in earlier than when in full swing of summer.  The shadows of dusk greet us at six instead of nine which means chickens need to go in before dark at 6:30 P.M.  The above picture show the horse pillers framing the steps which lead down to the horse barn and chicken coop.  The ponies
are retired at that same time as the chickens.  


Walking the path down to the barn you will pass the Birdhouse garden.
Here you can see the remaining flowers Rudbeckia , Ballon flowers and the Phlox.
Ligularia also grow down in the lower gardens in fall, not too far from the Resurrection Lily.   I love this perennial.



Living too far ahead of oneself

can make oneself miss out on todays 

Miricles



Come lets sit a while and gather
our thoughts, pulling them into 
the present moment  Thanking

God 

For what we have 

not lost

nor want

Peace my precious friends

Love and Blessings

Looking for the Miricles 

of today


Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment