Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Blessings of God, Abundance of Rain and Sun, Cause The Best June Ever !

Pink Double Peonies  After A Day Of Rain
Capella Flower Holding Rain Drops
Here in Wisconsin it rained two or three times a week.  My gardens have never produced   so abundantly in the past 30 years.    All of June was very warm.  In the beginning it was close to 90 degrees.  The last couple weeks held pretty close to the 70 degrees.
In May I had bought 8 bags of Bloom Food 12-24-12 Slow Release Plant Food at Menard's store and sprinkled it on all the flower gardens I have.  (about 2 acres of flowers)  It was well worth the investment!  The blooms were twice the size compared to other years.

Our creek down in the woods was always up to flood level.  


June brought lots of sun in between the deluge of rain.  Here is a picture after I let the chickens out  They are eating their treat of sun flower seeds.
Now released of the confinement of their coop can run free range all over the area of gardens and near our hoome   We also freed up the two Silkie-Cochin roosters to mingle amongst the larger hens.  They are so funny chasing those big hens all over the place and never catching them!  The abundance of feathers on their feet really slow them down.


This rooster is Silkie-Cochion mix.  

This rooster is also a mix of Silkie and Cochion  and brother to the black one. 

The gardens are twice the size in fullness than most years.  I can hardly walk through them.  Picture is the birdhouse garden.



Taking  many walks feels so good after the long cold winter.  June has now flown by so fast.  
     Here Dick is walking our Airedale Luke.  Luke is seven years old and just as perky as he was when he was a puppy.  A nice long walk is a must for Luke to wear off some of that robust life he leads. 
      I often walk along with them but also go out at day break to enjoy the gardens and out back land.  We have paths all over the twenty-seven acres we own.  I carry my camera as a hunter of photos looking for surprises.

This photo I took from a window inside the house .  There are three hens that come up to the house to look for bugs, grubs and what ever else they can find. Here they are on our deck and once I produced the pictures I discovered the hen in background watching the hen sip rain water from the angel container.  They have a nice clean birdbath on a stump available but they have to try this spot.

 The deck is above this rock garden on the hill .  Hostas are twice the size and are so high from all the rain and sunshine.  It is quite shady in this area from trees I planted 30 years ago when we developed this area. 


Top of rock garden looking down at front of house shows the birdbath.  Looking down, bench Dick made sits near the front garden at lower level.  In the picture hostas are blooming and Capenella blooms blue and white.  The Capenella reseeds itself and wonders all over the place.  I let it have its way and then before it drops too many seeds I clip them off the plant and spread them into other areas of our land .  You can see how huge the host leaves are in the picture.  
Thirty years ago this area was nothing but a corn field when we bought the land.  We had an excavator haul up the huge rocks and place them on the hill.  Dick and I placed the smaller ones.  They came from stone fences running through our land.  We placed trees amongst the rocks before planting.  In the beginning it was all sun and after the trees grew tall during the thirty years, it is now shady.   



Stella De Ora daylilies are starting to bloom where Peonies use to prevail.  


Clematis has hundreds of flowers blooming on this trellis.
Dick made this metal art.  The antique weather vain he placed on top. The
gate opens to the Birdhouse garden. 


Add caption
Picture is Sun Rise when I often slip out of the house early morning at 5:00 a.m. to go exploring and picture taking.  This picture taken down by the Bless arbor and outhouse that has been turned into a tool shed.
      Deciding to take the path out back that morning I came upon the deer.





The early morning brought the surprise of seeing this deer just watching me.
I have my camera set on the automatic sports which catches fast movement.
The doe just stood there for a bit, and then ran up our hill  which is the fallowing picture.
The doe high-tailing up the hill 
Skirting along the edge of the soybean field we let a local farmer use, I decided to head back towards the house.  You can see the outback woods behind the field.  We have a pond called a scrape for wildlife back there.


One of the many paths I walk on.  You can see the shadow of where I stood to
take a picture out back.  I decided I had enough adventure for the morning
and headed down the path back to the domesticated scenery closer to our home.
Heading back into the gardens the newly opened Clematis caught my attention.








Saw a few more flowers that needed  pictures taken like the pale violet Clematid with the pink stripe and ruffled center.












And before we close up for the month of June
this is my very first lily that opened. 



Blessings going your way from my way.

love to you all

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment