Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Taking The First Step



Taking that first step.....
At 70 yrs, I have a rugged path of being stuck in life's process of moving forward to success in certain things.

Grand kids were here for sledding up our huge hill.  The only way to experience that thrill of whizzing down the hill is to take the first step of the big climb up the hill.

Pictures shows grandson Cooper only 2, stuck.  His brother in background has been to the top, whizzed down and again heading back.








Teachers who have sights on how to change your lives........
I have discovered two blogs I just love:  www.activate28.com by Erin OBrien taught me about the first step.  (Goal to put procrastination in my past)  and another Mindsetdestination by Zivana who led me to the above sight.

Today, January 1, 2013.......I have set the goal of taking that 
                                                  
FIRST STEP!
Out of the hidden storage bin underneath my material stash, came the first UFO to be tackled...
UFO container holding unfinished projects.
  

Table Runner started last fall.
                                                   
                                                         
This UFO has been floating in an out of my days
spent in my computer-sewing room.  I have spent many a
guilty hour looking at it and finding an excuse to leave
the room and do something more important.

But today January 1st 2013 it is now back out and on my sewing table.
Today's first step, organize the pieces scrunched up in the middle.
I can do that!  One little step.  I do not have to deal with the
thought "What if it does not turn out gorgeous?"   :)

 With 70 years of great practice of procrastination, I am a pro at finding excuses to put stuff in the bin of UFO's

Here in the little bench shows a pillow I did make before Christmas.  Had big plans for making a pillow for each of my five kids.  Got one done.  Didn't think it good enough so never got to the other four....oh my then it landed here and
it worked out quite well in its present setting.


Luke our two yr. old Airedale most times can't sit still for even a minute,
but as I  hold his toy up in front of him he freezes into this stare.  His mind is centered
on the present moment of getting that toy.  Some times I get to talking
to Dick and forget that he is waiting and he will not move.



Getting my present moment centered is an ideal choice. Just Saying Hello to the task as Erin O'Brien mentions in her web sight.  Then taking that one little step to accomplishing it. 
A new sunrise greets us everyday of our lives.  New chances, new horizons,
new first steps.  Today the sun will shine, the air is  a crisp-2 below zero.
The day will bring brightness, but also difficulties such as caring for our horses and chickens
Ice patches to skitter across, and hands that just can't get warm.
As we take those first steps and say Hello to the task at hand our day will bear fruit
with our hard labor, finding a setting sun too soon and a warm quiet home to rest up in.

....................................................... 

Kim Meeder states in her book Fierce Beauty "NEVER QUIT!  A warrior is not distracted by the entanglements of this life.   She answers God's call to fix her eyes and her energy on running hard to the end of the  race....where her King awaits.  By faith, their weakness was turned into strength. " 
http://www.crystalpeaksyouthranch.org/  is her blog ,and she is author of Hope Rising, Bridge Called Hope and Blind Hope.  She has defeated odds time and again in owning and operating Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch.  Many a tear I have shed reading her neat books, worth a try.  

Sun rise filtering through the woods, a new day.  Challenges of working
in the fixings of last weeks blizzard surround us, difficult yes, but not impossible.
ONE STEP AT A TIME......... 

Kate riding her exercise bike.  Ten pounds lost another fifty-five to go....

ONE STEP AT A TIME.  I got on the bike....   :)


Happy New Year
Blessings for your Dreams and Goals


Peace.....Love
What are your next steps?
Kate   

No comments:

Post a Comment