Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Inbetween Time November To December

In between time can be boring, can be anxious, or restful?  Can freeze us in one spot, give us a chance to solve life's challenges.  A pause in time and energy.  November brings me days like this.  Not much going on, gray sky,  procrastination on things and projects I should be doing.  I need sunshine to make my soul awake and push forward, into doing something.  On gray days, a good novel finds my hands eager to forget time and  settle into a nice warm easy chair experiencing someone else life. Mine gets stalled it seems.

Trees are bare, nest boxes are empty.
We are blessed with woods and many trees we planted 25 years ago that give us a form of art of their own.  Gazing out the window on a gray day pulls my eyes toward empty branches all twisted and worn from the many summer wind storms.






We discovered something unusual this October after the beauty of summer foliage had fallen to the ground stripping the hiding place of the Bald-faced Hornet
Picture of the wasps working on the hive ,
web sight:  fletcher-alphebet/wasps/index_e
(dolichove spula maculata spechies) 


                                                 
Way up in the tips of the Silver Maple swung a gorgeous hive.  Taking the Canon 75-300 zoom lens,  putting it on my camera I pulled the most amazing picture out of the intricate designed hive.  How can such a little Bald-Faced Hornet create this art peace?  Only God can create Nature Within as unique as this!


Picture here shows how high up in the Silver Maple the hive was
attached so intricately that it held tight in a 50 mile wind storm.
It swayed back and forth violently but held tight.  Simply stunning
to think of the instinct of the hornet was to create not just one,
but the year before another one that was starting to come apart.
They make a new hive every year.

Quilting takes a step to the top of my to do list in days like the above.  I am still working on old projects but also have done up a few new ideas, maybe for a pillow, or perhaps a hot pad for the table.


Pin wheel pattern



Christmas Angle pattern

   When I really go dormant in my thinking some of the readings I have been doing in novels are:
Grace Livingston Hill's Christian novels who started to write in the 1901 through to the 1930's.
She is pretty good at adventure in one's life experiences, mixed with a touch of romance.  I have
been getting some of her novels from Amazon's used book section.  She has wrote over 100 books.

Another author is Laraine Snellings novels which are an adventure in themselves, I just love her as an author and have all her books.  Also Beverly Lewis novels too.  I found 11 of her books at St Vincent de Paul second hand store at $1.00 a peace.  Those are on Amish but at a little lower pace.

do not know the author of this picture


A Devotional "Make Haste My Beloved by Frances J. Roberts is encouraging with Spiritual insights especially "when times of discouragement and loneliness weigh on you" I have the Come Away My Beloved by that author also and it likewise gives inspiration for the "In between Times" of November and December.

And of course Max Lucado who I dearly love and have all his books.  I just purchased two new ones Grace, and A Low Thunder.  He is always great for this time of year and very funny, uplifting, and hits the nail on the head in his stories but never preachy.

So my dear friends with an empty mind, and a little case of the November flue I sign off. Nice hot soak and an early bedtime for me tonight.  Let not your troubles be great, nor weary your mind.  God is present even if the clouds hide that fact from you.  Keep rowing the boat, as Mas Lucado says in his story of the fishermen fighting a storm while Jesus slept in the boat.  :)  Love to you all Christmas is coming!!!



Blessings to you

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment