Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall's Spectacular Flair In Wisconsin

A Kaleidoscope Of Color


     We made a trip to the Kettle Moraine area just to enjoy the breath-taking show Wisconsin
country roads lead us to.  Here we were heading toward Long Lake a familiar haunt only the many 
years of living in Wisconsin can provides.  It was a Monday afternoon, so the traffic was far and few between, providing ample time to take lots of pictures, storing up memories to pull out on the winter days ahead.

Long Lake October, 2012

A lone boat  nestled within the ripples of the sky blue waters, made a peaceful setting, almost like a subtle goodbye to summer. There was a soft cool breeze, as I stood silently holding my camera, not wanting to go on to the next beautiful scene that awaited me.

A river of dried corn awaits the giant harvester's  visit.
Views such as this were discovered as we went
around the next bend in the road.  





At a high point beyond the corn the great Sheboygan marsh stretches out miles and miles away with an endless view taking in farms and forests. My mind trailed into this existing thrill, wishing I could go into the midst of this generosity of nature and stay for weeks exploring the fantastic gift from our great Creator.

  


We found a country road that clove a path through some of the wilderness .
proving the saying , " You can take the farmer out of the country
but you cannot thake the country out of the farmer. "  So very true it is
with all of us who live out in the country.
And with all great and wonderful happening there is a pause and a pull back to reality check.  Turning the wheel back towards our own country home.  Our wanderings that afternoon could not top our own daily living with NATURE WITHING, CHERISHING EACH MOMENT!

Our own driveway cloving its own lead to our everyday living.

A view from our front bay window shows a display ever as rich as anything we saw in our travels of the day.


We see our own wildlife sanctuary out back of our property, The huge corn field we let a local area farmer harvest each year as he grows his selected crop, sometimes soybeans, and sometimes corn.  Our horse pastures are in the for font holding our treasured horses, Hawk and Ginger,  who share their area with our free range chickens
and of course me as I putter around in my many gardens nestled into the space exceeding this here view. 



As the day closes it's shutters into sunsets of the past, I think of the Scripture 
"For the ways of man Are before the eyes of the Lord and He ponders all his Paths."  

I count my blessings, give Praise to My Creator, and try to love my fellow man close and in the far distance.
That includes each and everyone who happens to read my ramblings here 
WITHIN NATURE, CHERISH THE MOMENT
I cherish each and everyone of you!  Write and let me know about your country, and paths in life.  

Kate 

                                                              Picture from unknown source, if I find 
                                                               the author I will print it next blog

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I periodically catch up on quilting blogs, especially Wisconsin ones in the quiltingblog directory. That's where I found your blog. Love your photos. My husband and I also took a drive to the Kettle Moraine in mid-October. What a magnificant sight. We went to Holy Hill for the first time and the view from the tower was breath taking. I'll be stopping back at your blog. Enjoy the rest of the fall.

    I am also a dedicated reader - taught high school English and was a school librarian before retiring last year. Now I quilt small projects, read and review books at my blog Thoughts from Mill Street (mostly Christian fiction and inspirational nonfiction), and spend time with grandkids.

    ReplyDelete