Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Wisconsin's Swings To Spring Time


Spring brings Orioles back
They come to our jelly 
feeders throughout the day.



Leaves are back on the trees, framing the lovely sunrise this week.
Spring songs fill the emptyness of winter.  Song birds lilt the air, singing to their partner or trying to find a partner.










The colors flash as they fly to the feeders.  Sunflower seeds  for the Cardnals, Thistle seeds for the now yellowfinches and the blue Indigo Buntings.


Indego Bunting at Thistle feeder

     Red Crabapple trees are in full bloom.  Some are along the path to the barn that runs along the side of our Chicken's Antique Coop.
     The tulip shaped flower containers are now back in place.  They await one more week before Wisconsin is free of frost warnings.
     We have Moraine Garden Nursery do up our hanging baskets.  We bought them there and now they fill the same decorative baskets each spring with flowers to be picked up after after June 1st.
Tulip pottery planters line the path down to the horse barn.  To the left of the
picture are the lower gardens.  Picture taken from my gulf cart I ride around
our land in.  My gulf cart holds all my tools and a basket of other things
like my fertilizer, rose gloves that come up to my elbow to protect
me while I weed around all those thorns the rose carries on stems.

Our Pecock has his feathers back.  He looses them in fall and come spring
He is like the rest of the birds around here, looking for love.  But
his mate died last summer so he is alone for now, until we find
him a partner.

YellowTulips were stunning this spring.  We had many days of warm sun and higher tempetures than normal.  I also fertilized all the garden beds giving them the boost they needed.

Always look for the middle number higher than the other two for flowers on the fertilizer package.
     This tulip is a double with the splashers of red on its petals.  I love trying out new bulbs.  Here in Wisconsin we do not have the right weather to have perennial blooms.  There are some hardy ones, but I find many of my old bulbs I planted years ago have disapeared.  Also have to deal with deer loving the leaves.


This tulip looks like someone splashed a little paint on it.



Iris have begun to show up, first are the mini size.


These Iris are mini size, next come the medium size and last is the Tall bearded Iris latter in June.


When purchasing the Iris they come in the form of a long root or corm I think they call it.  If ordering from a nursery catalouge you will get them late summer.  This particulare Iris is called Peppy Long Stockings.  I love that name and think it is why it is the only Iris out of many, that I remember it's name.  All my plants were labeled, but with the chickens free ranging they will peck them out of the ground, or Wisconsin winters will cause them to lift out of the ground.
I love the peach color in this Iris

Columbine demand attention with their lovely figure and shape.

 "I leave you with this quote I no longer know who the author is:
Be Fearless In The Pursuit of What Sets Your Soul On Fire."

Blessings to you all!        
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment