Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Monday, June 12, 2017

June brings Poppies, Peonies, and Hot Weather

My Bless arch over a metal gate which is open and not showing .  It was
Sunrise this morning.  I went out early because it has been in the 90 degrees
here in Wisconsin yesterday and today and most of the rest of this week.
I wanted to get some pictures taken before it got too hot to breath for me.
The arch opens into the back of the fairy garden which had a Perennial
garden in front of it.  In back of the small Perennial garden is a
Wild flower area we planted last summer.   There also is
a 15 inch bed that runs along the one side that I
planted Zinnias and Cosmos.  Dick put in
three tomato plants and made wood
supports for them.
Peonies are the big ahaaaaa attraction in June. 
Group of Tree Peonies I bought a few summers ago from
a dealer in Upper Michigan.  The owner's father
hybridized them from a tree peonies and
regular peonies getting the best
of both kinds in one
flower.
White single peonies bought from the same Michigan Dealer.  It is a hybrid
developed by combining a tree peonies and a regular  peonies.  
Single dark Pink Peonies


   
















Dark pink Poppies are perennials
     I started from seed years ago.  They are gorgeous and steal the show no matter how many lovely peonies surround it.  I am not sure where I purchased the seeds. I had a green house at the time and so had perfect growing conditions .




Orange Poppy was also started by seeds



The white poppy is in my Birdhouse Garden.  I started it from seed.  It is a perennial which comes up every year.


Birdhouse Garden 
Pink Poppy sometimes looks like little angels with their wings up in air.













Siberian Iris are also blooming in June.

Pale blue Siberian Iris




My favorite Iris is the tall Bearded Iris.  This one is special with its yellow ruffled top and the bottom being violet with yellow ruffled edge.






This pale beauty has several 
colors.  smoky pink top with yellow inside, bottom showing white with violet edging.
Perennials in my garden come up every year.  They are a little high maintenance because I have to pick off the spent blossoms like the one above in photo.  As I do walk abouts each morning I try and do this chore in the gardens.  I plant natural,  looking even wild in some parts.  Grass does sprout up in between the plants.  I am in no hurry to weed it all out but do pull out anything that is clumping.  I even add grass that is seeding out into my bouquets.  Gives it a prairie look.


Birdhouse garden's back area looking toward house. In back of picture is
a trellis and gate that Dick made with his metal art.

Birdhouse garden looking toward horse barn


The Birdhouse garden is between our horse barn and our home.  It  houses numerous birdhouses of course that wrens take advantage of, choosing different one each time they raise a batch of little ones.  I love their song as I work in this area.  It is really a warning but oh so sweet and tender the sound.  
Being a garden for birds, there are grasses, weeds, besides the plants they so love to get nectar from.  Weeds and grass draw insects which draw birds.  Birds also are drawn to water.  The sound of a fountain attracts birds too, not only for drinking the water but splashing and dipping  in a splendid bath.  There are also shrubs edging the area and small trees that a bird can quick fly up to.  There are two scrub Oak trees the squirrels planted and I chose to let them grow.  A robin always has its nest in one of them.  The branches are so attractive with their gnarled bark and it holds pretty birdhouses nicely, protecting the nests from falling.  
     The birdhouse garden changes constantly as the seasons progress into late summer.  Come July I will see all types of lily's like daylilies, Ornamental lilies, and Tiger lilies, etc.  I have many, many butterflies flying here and there besides the birds.  Been seeing dragon lilies quite often too.  



Looking through a butterfly metal art you can see an abundance of peonies blooming.
It also shows the common Iris and other plants that I call fillers.  Being a natural
setting I plant very close and try to have the common flowers in between .



So another time we shall meet,
in the sweet settings of Nature
Peace setteling our souls
Always Peace.  by Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment