Healing In Nature

Healing In Nature
There Is A Season For Everything

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wisconsin's June has sliped in without notice, how can that be?




Somehow May has disappeared before I could even record it!
Why does time fly when I am having fun?
June finds our earth green once more,
Summer flowers have started to appear,
My heart is light, and my soul is bright,
Joy fills the day with wonder
and I Celebrate! 





This tree peonies is huge almost the size of the stepping stones next to it.
The rain drops add to its splendor.










Further away I can compare the tremendous size to
its surroundings in this picture.

Columbine even seem bigger this Spring!  I went out 6:00 a.m. to take
pictures on my daily walk around looking for the surprises that might
have appeared .  The night rains that we had still cling to her delicate
skin.  The early morning light gave her the intense depth.



 

As I quietly slip into the next garden room my eyes gaze on the old  sink  Dick set into  antique wood barrel.
Something my married son had and didn't use, so gave it to me.  It fit perfect and this morning it was brim full from the rain we had.  Using it for a birdbath, I will have to find the right size stone to put in, safely giving the birds a place to perch and sip the fresh water.



                                  I love birdbaths almost as much as my collection of bird houses.                      
Nestled into a wild looking area blue ceramic pot holders make neat birdbaths.
We had to have a big Ash tree that died last year cut down so used some
of the peaces to hold the birdbaths.


In the upper gardens the areas are nearly wild.  Have lots of shady spots
and yes places for the birds to get water.
We had a very severe cold winter which delivered many, many below zero degree days which brought many very hungry deer into my gardens.  Here the Walking Stick shrub was munched on and also died back to just a few leaves sprouting out.  Behind it is a huge rock that was hidden before but I fill the natural hallow with water as a bird bath in the upper gardens.


Sometimes what seems like a disaster, turns out as a benefit.  Really
opened this area up and the statue stands out as clearly as the rock
bird bath behind it.
With the abundance of rain storms this spring everything has grown twice its size.  The coolness of June in this picture taken at 10:00 this morning is so inviting.  I love to take a walk about each day with my camera at my side ready to record all the eye candy that I see.  This arbor has benches in between it's two sides inviting all to rest a bit.
it leads to the 2nd upper gardens






Entrance to 3rd upper gardens is also shaded.  The Cedar trees show
empty branches from the deer feeding on them last winter.  High as
they could reach on their hind feet.



Another entrance into the third upper garden that Dick helped me make years ago.
    I had seen the movie The Secret Garden and asked him to build me the stone wall and gate with the pillars accenting each side of it.  Usually I hear it can't be done from him, but after talking about it for weeks on end, Dick figures it out, and starts by talking to a mason, who told him that in Wisconsin you need a 4ft. cement foundation under it to prevent cracking and that each layer of rocks had to be done in sections different times letting the concrete dry.  It was a summer long project because I wanted it to look like an old barn had been there and only a corner was left.  I loved the close by property that we traveled past while going into town each day which had a barn, with only the foundation left.   Lots of native over growth and vines graced the picture I held firmly in my mind.  I often pointed it out to Dick as we whizzed by in the car.  The scene slowly developed first as a special dream, to a strong need, and today reality, gracing my eyesight as I take my daily walk through all the different gardens.  Most all my gardens started out that way.  A picture I see in a magazine, a movie, something I see along the road as we drive and usually Dick can build the objects needed, and I fill in with plans of flowers, bushes, and trees to make this nature wonderland we live in today.  All the land held was a corn field on a hill and valley next to a Hickory, & Oak, woods with a stream babbling through it 29 years ago when we bought it.

Another setting that Dick added table and seats made out of limbs
from trees and old barn boards.


As I enter the path that takes me
down to the horse barn I pass the chicken coop which has two new apple trees in back of it.  We planted these trees a few years ago and now they are first developing apples.  After this harsh winter we just went through, the sight of all these apples beginning their summer growth made me smile in delight.  I will be watching this exciting surprise in nature the next couple months to see how they are doing.




This same entrance brings me through another dream picture I had many years ago of Crab apple trees lining a path with planters filled with flowers.  To the left is the new birdhouse garden that I still am developing.  A feisty wren that took up residency, scolds me when ever I work around this area.  Love that tune, thought it was singing to me and other bird experts informed me that she was scolding because I was too close to her new home.  

This is the birdhouse garden in the month of May.  Dick had just placed the center beam in with my new birdhouse I got for my birthday.  It still has a lot of work to be done in the gardens that surround it.  But little by little this summer I will get things ripped out, other plants replace what has outgrown its space.  The beam has vines on it from a honeysuckle bush we had transplanted but it did not survive.  The dead vines will stay and support the new honey suckle vine we placed there. Hummingbirds love the flower.

     Just like some Miracles in life, dreams sometimes take time to develop and happen.  Trusting God to take care a difficult situation in life,  trusting Dick to figure out how he can help me put my dream into place.  Somehow they are connected aren't they?  When a dream does not go away or when my prayers just won't stop life develops into God's Plan - My Plan.  I thank God and Dick everyday of my life for all these good things.  Dreams waiting to become reality.

Luke 6:43-45
"For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.  For every tree is known 
by its own fruit.  For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.  For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. "

Blessing in abundance I pray for all of you!

Peace


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment